The treatment is a three month commitment which includes two steps;
Step one – in clinic treatment (mask) application;
- Skin is cleansed and prepped
- Cosmelan mask is applied (no discomfort)
- Depending on the level of correction required, the mask must stay on between six and ten hours
- Client is instructed on when and how to remove the mask at home
- An after care kit will be provided
Step two – the home care regime;
- After the specified time the Cosmelan mask is removed with water only
- Peeling usually begins two to three days after the Cosmelan application
- Cosmelan 2 cream should be applied twice daily for two weeks or until your first ‘in clinic’ skin check
- At your first skin check, advice will be given on the next two weeks home care procedure
Further in clinic skin checks will be booked to suit your skins specific needs, over the remaining ten weeks. In order for you to achieve optimum results it is recommended you attend all skin checks!
- Reduce dark spots and hyperpigmentation
- Effective treatment of melasma
- Minimal pain
- Quick results
- Suitable for all Fitzpatrick skin types
- Gentle enough for all skin types
- Few side effects
- Lactating mothers
- Anyone wanting a fresher more even appearance
- Must fully understand the peel process and aftercare requirements
- Must be in good health
- Must have realistic expectations
- Mild to moderate redness and discomfort (sunburn sensation)
- Tight itchy sensation
Within two weeks, clients will notice skin blemishes and pigment beginning to fade and a brighter complexion will appear. The skin will present with a healthier glow. These results will continue to improve over the next few weeks.
Client commitment for the full three month programme is paramount to ensure best results!
Sun exposure should be avoided and hat worn at all times, driving or outdoors.
We have extensive experience and training with the Cosmelan treatment and it is advisable only to be treated by an experienced dermal therapy clinic.